Thursday 24 October 2019

Review: Highlander

Highlander Highlander by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Julia Sykes is my go-to when I’m in need of a good BDSM read. I always enjoy the story and am happy to come back for more. I took a break from the Impossible series when I became busy, but I finally decided it was time to get back into things. After all, I was super eager to see what Highlander would bring.

Although the romance in Highlander is a standalone, I do recommend reading the Impossible series in order for the best understanding of the characters and the events. A lot happened in the prior book, and Highlander picks things up to bring us more of the characters we love and to dig deeper into the events that were so gripping.

With Highlander, we get to see more of our leading lady from Czar, the eighth book in the Impossible series, and I know a few people were disappointed by what happened at the end of the last book as it changed the way they looked at Czar. For me, Czar was always the dark prequel to the happily ever after our leading lady would get in Highlander, and I was eager to see her grow as a character.

Grow she did, and I loved it. As always, Julia Sykes sucked me into the story from the very first page. I could not get enough and powered through it in a single sitting. Although I found things a bit too quick towards the end, I love this addition to the series. It’s a great addition to the series, which has left me desperate for the next book.

Without a doubt, Highlander is another great addition to the Impossible series (even if Finlay isn’t technically a highlander, despite what certain companies will try and tell me when working out my shipping cost).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment