Saturday 26 October 2019

Review: Red Riding Hood

Red Riding Hood Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I love a good retelling and Sarah Blakley-Cartwright’s Red Riding Hood had the potential to be an addictive retelling. In fact, I went in with high hopes.

Unfortunately, Red Riding Hood failed to wow me. I was hoping for an addictive read, yet it was a book I found myself skimming. I did not care for the characters, I did not feel the chemistry, and the only thing I was reading for was to see if my belief about the wolf was correct.

Only, it turns out, to get that answer I need to go online and read a bonus scene. By the end, my interest was non-existent, so I took to reading other reviews instead. In truth, I would have done better to have done that from the start.

Overall, Red Riding Hood was not what I’d expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment