Thursday 17 October 2019

Review: Saints

Saints Saints by Sophia Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Saints is the first book in Sophia Henry’s Saints and Sinners duet, and I have rather mixed feelings about this one. I enjoyed it enough to devour it in a single sitting, but it didn’t quite blow my mind in the way I had hoped it would.

I think part of the reason I wasn’t crazy about this one is due to my expectations with mafia romances. I expect rather dark reads, and this one did not feel all that dark to me. It was interesting – I adored that we were given a story set in the location and time we were, providing us with something different – but it did not shock me in the way I like to be shocked by mafia romances.

Don’t get me wrong, I was curious to see how everything played out. There were multiple elements I was interested in, with there being more to the story than I’d expected. However, I felt like it was a lot of moments spread out across time and that stopped me from being sucked in deep and experiencing all the emotions of the story.

Saints certainly had me hooked and has me curious about the second book, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment