Saturday 26 October 2019

Review: Another Round

Another Round Another Round by Nikki Belaire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about Another Round. It was an addictive read, a quick read I finished in no time at all, and it certainly had me reading until the end. However, I was never as invested in it as I had hoped to be. There was something missing from this one, and it prevented me from loving it.

One of the things that was missing for me was the mob aspect of the story. I went in expecting it, but it was very much in the background. I love a good mob story and was hoping we would get more than we did. Don’t get me wrong, it made this a unique read in that way, but I had wanted a wee bit more.

Another thing that got me was my lack of understanding of the references made to other characters and their stories. There was enough information to fill in the blanks, but I still felt like I was missing something. I believe this is best read in addition to having read the Surviving Absolution series, with this being a bonus of sorts, as I think knowing more about characters and past events would have given me a better connection with those in this story and what happened.

Nevertheless, although I did not connect in the way I had hoped, this was great for a quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment