Saturday 19 October 2019

Review: Southern Heartbreaker

Southern Heartbreaker Southern Heartbreaker by Jessica Peterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Jessica Peterson fan, with the Charleston Heat series being another of the author’s series that has had me addicted throughout. Each time I finish a Charleston Heat book, I find myself desperate for more. Thus, I jumped right into Southern Heartbreaker.

Although I have loved all the Charleston Heat books, Southern Heartbreaker is my favourite. All the Charleston Heat books have been strong four-star ratings, but there were points when this one was a five-star rating. I’m super picky about my five-star reads, and it’s why I rounded down this four-point-five-star rating. Most, however, will have no problem giving this the five-star rating. It’s a story that hooks you from the start, ensuring you cannot put it down.

With Southern Heartbreaker, Jessica Peterson gives us chemistry that jumps off the page from the start. I wore a stupid smile throughout the entire book, a smile that grew larger at certain points. I loved the characters, I loved their story, and I could not put the book down. I had to complete it in a single sitting, unable to take time away from it. It consumed me in the best way possible, and I could not get enough.

Not only did we get a wonderful standalone story, we also got to see more of the characters from the prior books along with receiving a glimpse of what I hope will be the next story Jessica Peterson writes. There was so much to love with everyone in this story, ensuring you get your fix of the series.

The reason I opted to round down was that things lulled a little bit when we were dealing with the issues the characters faced. Jessica Peterson writes stories that deal with very real issues, doing so well, pulling you into the character’s lives. With the chemistry being so off the charts with this one, when we were dealing with the issues the characters faced, it felt like a huge change. Things were really well done, as always, but the intense chemistry dropped a bit at those points.

Overall, Southern Heartbreaker was another wonderful read from Jessica Peterson. It’s easily my favourite of the Charleston Heat series, and it has me eager for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment