Monday 5 March 2018

Review: Beast

Beast Beast by Measha Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beast is my first Measha Stone book, and I’ll certainly be back for more. Although this is not quite a full four-star rating, I was addicted and I need more.

Beauty and the Beast retellings are some of my favourites, and I especially love the trend of BDSM Beauty and the Beast stories. I should be bored of them by now, having read so many, and yet I continue to dive into every possible tale. It’s a drug, and I cannot get enough. Thus, it should come as no surprise to find out Beast was on my radar instantly.

It starts out the way every good Beauty and the Beast retelling starts out – with our leading lady putting herself on the line for someone she loves. We all know how it is going to start – hell, we all know how it is going to end – yet it is the story of how things play out that makes these books so interesting.

I’ll be honest, this is not my favourite story of the genre. I recently read one that blew my mind, though, so I may be slightly bias. Nevertheless, this was an enjoyable read. It had all you would expect from such a read, and I was sucked into the story.

Honestly, this one was so addictive. I was turning page after page, waiting for all the information to come together. Although some elements were a bit on the predictable side, there were some nice surprises thrown in to keep us on our toes. In fact, surprises thrown in at the end really gripped me – I wasn’t expecting things to play out in quite the way it did. The situation, sure, but not the specifics of how everything came together.

Without a doubt, fans of the genre should dive straight into this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment