Wednesday 7 March 2018

Review: Until Harmony

Until Harmony Until Harmony by Aurora Rose Reynolds
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Until Harmony is the fourth book in the Until Her series, and it can be read as a standalone novel. Although such is the case, and how I read it, I feel as though it works best if you know something about this series beforehand. Aurora Rose Reynolds started these characters with the Until series, before giving readers two spin-off series – the Until Her series and the Until Him series. This means there are a lot of characters and references, many of which will mean very little to someone jumping into this book without any prior knowledge.

Of course, many people will be brave enough to simply dive into a book with so much background to it – as I have demonstrated. I simply feel readers who approach the book in this way I have will be at a distinct disadvantage. I spent so long trying to wrap my head around side characters and references that I was losing what I really wanted – the actual story between the two characters in this one. It’s not that we’re drowning in the references to the other books, but it was enough for me to be distracted.

That being said, the actual story within this one was enjoyable enough. I wasn’t crazy about it, but it did leave me turning pages to see how everything played out. If nothing else, it was enough to leave me interested in finding out more about the series – mainly by going back to the very start so I can try to wrap my head around everything.

I’m sure for fans of the series, this will be another wonderful read. Personally, it was another example of how I should avoid jumping into series late – while books can be enjoyed that way, you do lose out on some of the good stuff.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment