Thursday 1 August 2019

Author Interview: Annabelle Anders.


In the age-old first date manner, tell me a bit about yourself.
Well… I’m a mom of three kids who are mostly grown up (28, 26 and 24). I have two miniature wiener dogs, and two Grand miniature wiener dogs. They all get along fabulously. I live on the western slope of Colorado and am so lucky to be able to make a living as a full time author! I only get dressed when I want to. While I’m home, I write, edit, and in between that, do all those other things considered to be essential to living…

Who influenced you most as a writer?
Mary Balogh. The way she pulls the reader into her world. I wanted to do that!

What are your favorite books and why?
Happily Ever After. Romance. Since I was twelve.

When did you realize you wanted to be a writer?
I always wanted to be a writer, but didn’t get serious until my dog Lilly died in August of 2014. Something triggered inside of me that it was now or never…

Do you have any interesting writing quirks?
I really don’t… LOL

How did you become interested in the genre you write?
My mom gave me a hard back Mary Balogh book for Christmas around 2010… Once I went historical, I went all the way…

Tell me a bit about The Perfect Spinster.
It’s book 2 of the Not So Saintly Sister’s series, and although it’s a stand-alone, it will be enjoyed more if you also read The Perfect Debutante. Two sisters, one perfect on the outside, one who is not. Olivia, the perfect spinster, has a lazy eye.

What was the inspiration behind The Perfect Spinster?
I knew a young woman who had a lazy eye and I saw that people underestimated her. The better I got to know her, the more I wanted to write a book with a heroine who had a lazy eye.

Do you have another writing project in mind or in the making?
This summer, I need to finish up two Christmas Novellas and one of them will be entitled: The Perfect Christmas… The heroine, is Miss Eliza Cline (The Vicar’s sister) who makes appearances in both Debutante and Spinster.

If so, can you tell us a little about it?
Eliza Cline is nearly thirty and even more of a spinster than Olivia was. She’s also a lady with a past and Olivia knows all about it. In a matchmaking spirit, Olivia invites both Eliza and the rake from her past to the Christmas House Party she is hosting…

Any advice for aspiring authors? 
Write. Write. Write.

No comments:

Post a Comment