Saturday 24 August 2019

Review: Atrox

Atrox Atrox by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Even though Avalon Nightmares was a great ending to the Avalon Chronicles, there was one thing I wanted more of. That thing? Atrox. There were aspects of his story that went unanswered, and I was desperate to get the details of how things played out for him. After all, he was one of my favourite characters of the series and I needed as much about him as I could get.

Although Atrox is a novella, there is plenty packed into this one. I have a love-hate relationship with novellas and short stories, as I often find myself wishing they’d given me more. Such was not the case here. Atrox had more than enough packed into it, ensuring I powered through it and came out more than happy with it.

Those that have read the Avalon Chronicles will be aware of Atrox and Catriona. They will be aware of the forbidden nature of the feelings between the two, meaning they will not be surprised by the issues Atrox will have to face to prove himself worthy of the woman he loves. Due to their supernatural nature, the things he needs to do to prove himself go beyond a simple show of trust.

With Atrox, we have something that is always a lot of fun. Whether you label it a quest, a challenge, or a mission, it all comes down to Atrox overcoming trials to prove himself. The elements link in well with all we know about Atrox, taking us that little bit deeper into his life, and leaving us overjoyed with the insight we’re given into him.

If, like me, Atrox was a favourite in the Avalon Chronicles, you need to give this novella a read to see him get his happily ever after.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment