Thursday 1 August 2019

Review: The Perfect Spinster

The Perfect Spinster The Perfect Spinster by Annabelle Anders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Historical romances are a guilty pleasure read of mine, I’m always happy to dive into more. However, I find I often stick to the same authors. I’ve been trying to branch out and read more recently, and after my first Annabelle Anders read, Lady At Last, I realised she’s another author to add to my historical romance authors list.

Although The Perfect Spinster is the second book in The Not So Saintly Sisters series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. There are references made to other characters and things that happened in the past, but they’re explained in such a way that you can read The Perfect Spinster without having first read The Perfect Debutante. I will admit, I do now wish to go and read The Perfect Debutante. This has nothing to do with a lack of understanding, it’s simply a case of how much I enjoyed this one and the fact I want more.

With The Perfect Spinster, I was sucked in from the very first page. There are so many feelings to be experienced throughout this one, resulting in me making cooing happy noises whenever something adorable happened. Honestly, I do not have the words to explain how strong the chemistry was in this one, how cute the characters were together, and how much I loved them. The chemistry was strong from the start, and with everything that happened I fell deeper in love.

It wasn’t just the romance between the two that was wonderful – although that certainly had me devouring this one – it was also the story. There are plenty of things experienced throughout the story, plenty of events that leave you sucked into the story. It’s the best kind of gripping and I could not put it down.

There is no doubt The Perfect Spinster has left me desperate to read more Annabelle Anders in the future. In fact, two books in and she’s already high up on my favourite historical romance authors list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment