Tuesday 13 August 2019

Review: Cowboy's Kiss

Cowboy's Kiss Cowboy's Kiss by Sierra Hill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cowboy’s Kiss is the second short story I have read from Sierra Hill, and like my first, Her True Blue, my rating is more a reflection of how I feel towards short stories than a reflection of the story itself. There is no denying this was a fun little read, but I had hoped for a wee bit more from this one. I would have liked more depth, I would have liked to see more take place, as I believe this would have made for a great full-length novel. It was a fun read, one that can be completed in under an hour, but it wasn’t quite everything it could have been.

The story keeps you hooked, the characters are enjoyable, but it felt like we barely touched the surface of things. The attitudes of the characters changed too quickly for my liking, the insta-lust transforming into feelings of love at a rate I could not get onboard with, not when there was so little happen during the time. It put it too close to insta-love for my liking, which is something I’m not crazy about. Of course, this is just me being super picky with my short stories.

For those looking for a quick read, a quick cowboy read that will have you hooked, this is perfect.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment