Monday 26 August 2019

Review: All the Little Pieces

All the Little Pieces All the Little Pieces by Lauren K. McKellar
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since reading and adoring Laruen K. McKellar’s Twisted Hearts duet, I’ve been desperate to dive into more of the author’s work. Honest Love and Bitter Truth were emotional reads that had me hooked, and I was more than willing to dive into more of such books. Thus, I was more than happy to devour All the Little Pieces.

Although All the Little Pieces was an emotional read, I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed the Twisted Hearts duet. I think, however, this is a reflection of my feelings about short stories and novellas. I have a love-hate relationship with them, as I much prefer lengthy reads, and All the Little Pieces fell into the category of me wanting more from it.

There is no denying there was emotion to be felt throughout, the story certainly sucks you in, but I would have liked to go much deeper into things. I feel we only touched the surface of the emotions this story could have created, and I would have loved to see this as a full-length novel that broke me to pieces.

Overall, it was an enjoyable quick read, but I would have liked a bit more from it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment