Saturday 24 August 2019

Review: Jason and the Wolf

Jason and the Wolf Jason and the Wolf by C.P. Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored Holly and the Tiger, the first book in C.P. Stone’s Wolfsden series, and was desperate to dive into book two. Thus, the moment Jason and the Wolf was on my Kindle I dived right into it and completed it in a single sitting.

Although Holly and the Tiger is my favourite of the first two Wolfsden novels – it’s going to take a lot to knock that out of first place, as it was a fantastic start to the series – I had a lot of fun with Jason and the Wolf. I was hooked throughout and could not get enough of it, and when I finished I had much the same feeling as when I finished the first book – that I need more.

Like many paranormal romance series, each book in this series can be read as a standalone novel. Jason and the Wolf contains a complete story, a romance that is complete. However, if you want a little bit more I suggest reading the books in order. Not only is Holly and the Tiger a great read, but elements from the first book continue in this second. A lack of knowledge will not lessen your enjoyment of the story, but you certainly get that little bit more when you watch things develop throughout the series.

I’ll also say you’ll enjoy Jason’s character a wee bit more if you’ve read Holly and the Tiger. He’s a great character, but you have a slightly better understanding of him if you’ve read Holly and the Tiger. Jenna wasn’t the type of character I expected for Jason, which made me love their story even more. I loved the power dynamic between the two, the way things played out in a manner not often seen in paranormal romance, and have high hope we’ll get more snippets of the duo in the future Wolfsden books.

Without a doubt, this was a great second book in the series that has me desperate for book three.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment