Monday 12 August 2019

Review: Healing Emily's Heart

Healing Emily's Heart Healing Emily's Heart by Cici Cordelia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adore Cici Cordelia’s Brides of Little Creede series and was eager to dive into Healing Emily’s Heart when I heard about it. Healing Emily’s Heart is a different kind of story to the Brides of Little Creede series, but I was not worried as I’ve also enjoyed Cici Cordelia’s Realm of the Dragon. Based upon my enjoyment of all my prior Cici Cordelia reads, I was sure I would enjoy this one.

In truth, I’m very picky when it comes to my shorter reads. I’m a fan of longer stories, I love tomes, but when I enjoy an author’s work, I’m willing to give their shorter stories a try. With Healing Emily’s Heart, we have one of those cases where I’m glad I gave the shorter read a go. Although I would not label Healing Emily’s Heart my favourite Cici Cordelia read, I certainly had a lot of fun with it.

I’ll be completely honest and say this is a weaker four-star rating than my prior Cici Cordelia reads. The other books are solid four-star ratings, but this one wasn’t quite there. It was certainly close enough to be rounded up, there is no doubt of that, but I would have liked to dig a bit deeper into certain elements of the story. This, however, I attribute to my aforementioned feelings towards shorter reads.

Despite being a quick read, there is plenty packed into this one. There is a lot of emotion to be felt throughout, the book packs a punch whilst having the lightness that leaves you smiling at the end. The story sucked me right in and had me hooked, ensuring I completed it in a single sitting.

Without a doubt, another great read from Cici Cordelia. As always, I’m eager for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment