Monday 12 August 2019

Review: Sightseeing in Manhattan

Sightseeing in Manhattan Sightseeing in Manhattan by C. Lesbirel
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Sightseeing in Manhattan is the ninth book in the 425 Madison series, making it the final book in the series. There’s the possibility of more stories being told in this building, should anyone decide to continue adding to the series in the future, but for the moment this one is the end.

I’m going to be honest and say I did not enjoy Sightseeing in Manhattan as much as I enjoyed some of the other books in the series. There was a lot of potential with this one, and I had high hopes for it, but I found it extremely difficult to connect with. There was too much telling and not enough showing, but even with that there were things that were never explained as well as I would have liked them to be.

There were points when I enjoyed this, but it was never enough to suck me in completely. I wanted more from this one, had my fingers crossed it would blow my mind, but as it was it didn’t quite give what I’d hoped for. A part of me thinks it is due to the length of the story – had it been longer we would have been able to dig deeper into some of the things I wanted more of – but another part of me believes that to be an excuse I’m using for the fact I could not connect.

I’m sure many will enjoy this conclusion to the series, but I’d hoped for a wee bit more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment