Monday 26 August 2019

Review: Imitation of Life

Imitation of Life Imitation of Life by Felice Stevens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored Broken Silence, the first book in the Rock Bottom series, and was super excited to get my hands on Imitation of Life. I needed more of the side characters I grew to love so much and had high hopes for this one.

Although I enjoyed Imitation of Life, I’m going to be honest and say I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Broken Silence. Broken Silence was a strong four-star rating, more of a four-point-five-star rating, whereas Imitation of Life was a rounded up rating. It was close enough to be given a four-star rating instead of a three-star rating, but it wasn’t quite all the way there.

Although Imitation of Life was addictive, I never quite felt the connection to the story that I had expected. There were so many things to experience throughout this one, and some elements were easier to connect with that others. I was certainly hooked, I enjoyed the way everything came together, but it didn’t hit me quite as hard as Broken Silence. I think, in part, it’s because I didn’t really ship the characters as much as I’d expected to.

Overall, an enjoyable second book in the Rock Bottom series. It wasn’t quite as enjoyable as the first, but it had me hooked. I’m now desperately awaiting the third.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment