Tuesday 20 August 2019

Review: The First Time I Fell

The First Time I Fell The First Time I Fell by Jo Macgregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored The First Time I Died, Jo Macgregor’s first Garnet McGee book, and was desperate to dive into the second book. Book one blended thriller with paranormal beautifully, and I was eager for more of the same.

With The First Time I Fell, we have a wonderful second Garnet McGee story. I’ll be honest and say the mystery side of the story was leaning more towards cosy than the first book, but this did not lessen my enjoyment of the story. In fact, with the mystery element being more of the cosy variety, the paranormal aspect of the story grew stronger.

I’m a big fan of the way paranormal elements grow in stories, and I loved the way this one was dealt with. I loved the way the characters approached dealing with the paranormal elements, along with enjoying the details that came about. Although we were given more detail, we were also left with more questions we want answering. My fingers are crossed the future books will continue to dig into the paranormal, helping us to understand how it works.

As for the mystery, there is also more I want there. An element that was introduced in the first book was brought back in this one, which was unexpected but loved. I adored the way it was creating a much bigger picture, and that it will be continued in the future. This additional element added so much to the story, leaving me desperate for more details. Don’t worry, though, it did not take away from the main mystery in this one. The mystery keeps you hooked, curious to see how everything will come together and in need of the truth.

All in all, I adored this. I devoured it in a single sitting as I could not get enough, and I’m now desperate for the third book as I want to find out what happens next.

Without a doubt, this a series that needs more readers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment