Friday 30 August 2019

Review: From the Wreck

From the Wreck From the Wreck by Jane Rawson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Jane Rawson’s From the Wreck is one of those books where I was first pulled in by the cover. I know you shouldn’t judge a book by the cover, but it was on the shelf in the library and every time I left, I passed it sitting there looking pretty. In the end, I gave in and investigated. It sounded interesting, if a little vague, so I decided to give it a try.

I feel this is one of those books where there was a lot of potential, but it failed to live up to it. Although I was curious, I was never invested. Thus, I was able to put the book down and forget about it a lot. I was ready for a science-fiction read that sucked me in deep, one that was filled with creepy goodness, but it wasn’t quite what I wanted.

It’s hard to say what the specific thing was that made it difficult for me to connect with this one, but I found myself at a distance throughout. I just wanted more, I wanted to go deeper, and we never truly touched upon the things I wanted.

Overall, I think this was just one of those cases where the book wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment