Monday 5 August 2019

Review: Forgotten Bones

Forgotten Bones Forgotten Bones by Vivian Barz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good crime fiction mixed with the paranormal and was super curious to see how Vivian Barz’s Forgotten Bones would play out. As it’s the first in a series, I was eager for a new series that would have me hooked.

I’ll be honest and say I was unsure at first. I wasn’t sucked in and I did consider putting this one aside. It did not grip me in the way I’d expected, giving us more about the lives of the characters than about the crime. Although I wasn’t sucked in as deep as I would have liked, I was curious about things.

The more I read, the more sucked in I was. The characters really grew on me, and I enjoyed watching the way the story developed. With the way the paranormal developed, I found my attention was completely hooked later in the story. Things were rather obvious from early on – the mystery wasn’t what I’d expected it to be – but I did enjoy seeing things play out.

Forgotten Bones may not have been all I’d expected it to be, but it did grow on me. I came to enjoy it more than I’d anticipated, and I am curious what will come next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment