Friday 9 August 2019

Review: Discretion

Discretion Discretion by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m always eager for a new Karina Halle read, and was eager to dive into Discretion. I was more than ready for a new series from the author, one to devour, and The Dumonts sounded like something I would adore.

Although I had a lot of fun with this one, I’m going to be honest and say it’s not my favourite Karina Halle read. There is no denying I was hooked on it – I devoured it in a single sitting, unable to put it down – but it didn’t wow me in quite the same way as some of the author’s other books.

With this one, even though I enjoyed the relationship between the main characters I never felt the intense connection between them that they seemed to. A lot of it felt like it was surface level stuff, rather than the intense connection I’ve felt in other books by the author. Another thing that got me was the ending. It felt a bit too quick, with things coming together too easily. The story didn’t quite go in the way I’d expected, which was great, but I felt the payoff wasn’t quite there. I’m hoping this is due to this book being the first in the series, and that answers and explanations will come with the future books.

Without a doubt, I’m eager to see what book two brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment