Thursday 25 April 2019

Review: Black Tears

Black Tears Black Tears by Angel Nyx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read all of Angel Nyx’s releases to date, except for Scarlet Roses (which is on my to-read list), and have enjoyed them all. Some I have enjoyed a bit more than others, but they’ve consistently left me willing to come back for more. When I found out the next Angel Nyx release was to be a mafia release, I was super eager.

I have a weakness for mafia romances, especially the dark kind, and had high hopes for Black Tears. Although I did enjoy Black Tears, it wasn’t quite to my usual mafia standard. I think a large part of this is a reflection of the books I usually read in the genre. I read the super dark, the extremely intense, and Black Tears is more for the mainstream mafia romance reader. For those of you raising an eyebrow in questioning, I assure you there is a difference. I belong to the group reading the books others label too dark, and it often leaves me a wee bit disappointed by the mainstream notion of mafia romances.

Despite the fact Black Tears was not as dark and intense as I usually like my mafia romances to be, it was an addictive read. It was a quick read, one I devoured in no time at all, and there was plenty thrown into the story. There were the expected elements for such a read, along with a few twists to make it unique. Moreover, we were introduced to a family that will leave you wanting to come back for more.

Whilst Black Tears has not earned the label of my favourite Angel Nyx read, it’s another addictive story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment