Monday 15 April 2019

Review: My Life in Shambles

My Life in Shambles My Life in Shambles by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Whenever I see a new Karina Halle release my instant response is to get my hands on the book as quickly as possible. Since my first Karina Halle book, I’ve been a fan. In fact, I one day plan to go back and read all her work, such is my level of love for her work. Thus, when I saw the beautiful cover of My Life in Shambles alongside the name of the author, I knew I needed to read this one.

Although I loved My Life in Shambles, I’m going to be honest and say it was not my favourite Karina Halle read. It was enjoyable, but I’ve enjoyed some of her other books more. I believe the reason for this is that I expected more on the emotional front with this one. The way people were talking about it, I expected my heart to break. I confess, there was emotion to be felt. However, it was not as heart-breaking as it could have been. I fear we sacrificed some of the heartbreak for those skin-to-skin scenes.

Don’t get me wrong, I still had a lot of fun with My Life in Shambles. In typical Karina Halle fashion, it was a book I had to complete in a single sitting. Once I started, I could not put it down. There was plenty to enjoy, and I was hooked throughout. I loved the characters, I loved the way their story developed, and things were dealt with well. I confess, some aspects were dealt with too easily and other things seemed to be introduced only to be wrapped up straightaway, but overall, I was hooked.

If you’re a Karina Halle fan, this is another must-read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment