Tuesday 23 April 2019

Review: Dark of Night

Dark of Night Dark of Night by Emily Goodwin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dead of Night, the first book in Emily Goodwin’s Thorne Hill series, was a fun quick read that left me desperate for book two. Thus, I eager jumped into Dark of Night for more of the characters and storyline I had grown to enjoy so much. Although I enjoyed this second book in the series, I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed the first book.

Dark of Night certainly move the story forward, and I enjoyed seeing the way things developed, but I feel as though very little happened in this book. It moved forward, yes, but it was mostly towards the end of the book when this happened. I feel like a lot of the book was spent repeating information and throwing in scenes that were entertaining but did not move things forward much. I am not saying these things were unimportant, as I can see how they will play a part later, but they felt dragged out and when the big things did happen later in the book it seemed to happen quickly.

Nevertheless, the promise of what more is to come in the series has me eager for book three. Although I have given Dark of Night a three-star rating, it’s more of a three-point-five-star rating. I enjoyed the later part of the book more than the early part, with the details and emerging information a lot of fun, but I do wish there had been a wee bit more to this one.

Overall, a fun second book, although not quite as fun as book one. I’m eagerly anticipating book three, though, as there’s so much promise of fun to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment