Tuesday 30 April 2019

Review: Lady At Last

Lady At Last Lady At Last by Annabelle Anders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a weakness for historical romance and am always happy to give new authors a try. This is especially true when the books are full-length stories, not novellas, as I often find myself reading the latter in the genre. Hence, I was more than willing to dive into Lady At Last by Annabelle Anders.

Although Lady At Last is the fourth book in the Lord Love a Lady series, it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. There were references to characters that were clearly references to their stories, but it was done in such a way that it did not take away from Lady At Last. In fact, it was done in such a way that when I go and read the prior books in the series – something I plan to do, as I need more – I do not have very many spoilers. It’s always great when such a thing happens, as I often find starting a series partway through, even when each book is a standalone, results in numerous spoilers.

With Lady At Last, we have a story that grips from the very first page. In no time at all, I fell in love with our main characters. They were so much fun, and the connection was instant. My love for them only grew as the story developed, with each new element leaving me more addicted to their story. Each time I thought we were reaching the point where things would come together, a new problem was thrown in the way. It made for a lot of fun, making it extremely difficult to put the book down.

Without a doubt, Annabelle Anders is an author I need to read more of. If her other books are like this one, I’m going to have a new historical romance author addiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment