Wednesday 3 April 2019

Review: The Fourth Courier

The Fourth Courier The Fourth Courier by Timothy Jay Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good espionage thriller, having a soft spot for such stories that results in me diving in whenever one catches my eye. With Timothy Jay Smith’s The Fourth Courier, we have an espionage thriller that caught my attention instantly. It promised so many things I really enjoy, and I powered through the story.

Without a doubt, The Fourth Courier was one that kept me turning the pages. I was sucked in, curious to see how everything came together, and was happy to keep reading. It was an interesting tale, one that brings the history to life and shows how much the author knows about the time and location, yet personal preference prevented me from loving this in the way I had hoped to.

Note I said personal preference, meaning this will not apply to all.

With my mysteries and thrillers, I love the whole unknown aspect. Not only of the how things come together, but of the who is behind things. With The Fourth Courier, we have one of those thrillers where we follow both sides of the story – we get to see what both the good and the bad are up to. There is nothing wrong with this, it simply isn’t the way I favour my stories to be told.

Despite the fact the way the story unfolded wasn’t to my preference, I did enjoy watching the way everything came together. The different elements played out well, and we were sucked deep into the time in which the story played out.

Overall, The Fourth Courier was a story that easily kept my attention.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment