Monday 22 April 2019

Review: His Wicked Touch

His Wicked Touch His Wicked Touch by J. Kenner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love paranormal romance, I love Kenner's work, yet the two together failed to be the wow read I had been hoping for. Such a thing really surprised me, as I expected to love this one. Unfortunately, the more I read the less I enjoyed.

I think my problem with this one is that I never felt the connection to the characters, or between them, that I usually do in Kenner books. The book seemed to be mostly surface depth, and we never went as deep into things as I had hoped. I was constantly waiting for more depth about the supernatural, about the characters, about the romance, about anything – yet the moment never came, and even the fun at the end happened behind the scenes. There was potential, but it all felt too quick and easy for me.

It’s very possible this is one of those ‘it is me, not the book’ reads. I went in expecting something very different to what I was given, and due to that I was disappointed by what I received. I’ll continue to read Kenner’s work, there is no doubt about that, but this one wasn’t what I had hoped for.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment