Monday 1 April 2019

Review: Shattered With You

Shattered With You Shattered With You by J. Kenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored J. Kenner’s Man of the Month series and have since been meaning to dive into another of her books. With so many options available, knowing most are linked in some way, I found myself unsure where to start. I’d just convinced myself to start with the Stark trilogy, as I believe it to be the original series, when the chance came to dive into Shattered With You. Unable to resist, I opted to dive right in.

Shattered With You is the first book in the Stark Security series, and it works perfectly fine as a standalone story. There were clear nods towards other J. Kenner books, characters that are clearly from the author’s other work, but such did not ruin Shattered With You for me. It left me more desperate to dive into other J. Kenner books, making me desperate to devour all her work, but I was not at a disadvantage.

From the very start, Shattered With You sucked me in, leaving me addicted to the story that was playing out. I fell in love with the characters and the story, I was addicted to the chemistry and the events, and I happily powered my way through the book in a single sitting. It was a story I could not put down, one that begged me to finish it.

The moment I was finished, I found myself ready for the second book. Despite the ending of this one being a bit too quick and easy for my liking, the way things played out was a lot of fun and I’m ready for more. I’m especially ready for more considering the information we’ve been given about the story that is to play out in book two. I need more of the character I’ve come to enjoy, along with getting to meet the character I’m curious about, and I need my answers.

All in all, Shattered With You has me desperate for the next Stark Security book, along with reinforcing the fact I need to read other J. Kenner books to enjoy all the little references to be found.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment