Monday 29 April 2019

Review: Boyfriend Maintenance

Boyfriend Maintenance Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Boyfriend Maintenance is the fifth book in the 425 Madison series, and Lauren Helms offers us another great addition to the series. In fact, it was another sweet story that had me devouring it in a single sitting.

I confess, at first, I was a wee bit tentative about this one. It was interesting, yes, but a part of me was distracted by the fake Pokémon GO games one of the characters was playing. As a respectable adult that still plays Pokémon GO, I found myself shaking my head at the fake version. I do this quite often with books, yet as the fake game was of one I play daily, I found myself shaking my head that wee bit harder. Of course, that was only one little thing, and once the story got going I found myself addicted.

I was sucked into the story that played out between the duo, addicted to the way things developed. As this is one of my favourite tropes, I powered through the story. It may not have had as much drama and angst as I’m accustomed to in these kinds of stories, things may have come together a bit too easily in the end, but it had more than enough to keep me entertained. In fact, I fell in love with many of the side characters and would be happy to read their stories.

Without a doubt, Boyfriend Maintenance was another great read in the series.

View all my reviews

1 comment: