Friday 5 April 2019

Review: Tears of Gold

Tears of Gold Tears of Gold by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tears of Gold is the final book in the Tears of… trilogy and it’s a great conclusion. With the first book, Tears of Ink, I was sucked deep into the story. With the second book, Tears of Glass, I was sucked in ever deeper. With this third book, Tears of Gold, I found myself happy with how everything played out in the end.

If you have yet to read the prior books, go back and do so. This is very much a series you need to read in order, where events build upon what happened in the prior books. If you dive into this one without the prior books, you’ll be confused and you’ll have all kinds of spoilers for Ink and Glass.

With Tears of Gold, we bring together all those open ends. There are a lot of things that needed to come together, and they do throughout Gold. Not only do we get answers, but we also get more drama, keeping us in the same edge-of-our-seats position we have remained in throughout the series. Even the predictable elements, the things that I wasn’t crazy about due to personal preference, had me turning the pages at a rapid pace.

Without a doubt, Tears of Gold was a great end to a wonderful series. I’m now desperately awaiting the spin-off books, as I need to see how other stories play out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment