Monday 29 April 2019

Review: The Whispering Room

The Whispering Room The Whispering Room by Dean Koontz
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’m a big Dean Koontz fan, and am always willing to dive into his newest release. Although The Silent Corner, the first Jane Hawk book, did not wow me, it left me curious to see how the series would come together. There was potential, and I was eager to see how things played out.

Time for some brutal honesty: The Whispering Room disappointed me. In fact, The Whispering Room is my least favourite Dean Koontz read. I expected so much more from this one, and had trouble getting through it.

I find it difficult to say what my problem with this one was. Although the story progressed and we were introduced to new elements, I was never sucked into the events. I constantly felt at a distance, I was never engaged in what was happening, and nothing really wowed me with this one.

In fact, I was so indifferent had I not borrowed book three from the library at the same time I borrowed book two, I would have questioned whether I wanted to continue the series. I wish I knew why, but I just couldn’t connect with The Whispering Room at all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment