Wednesday 24 April 2019

Review: Out of the Red

Out of the Red Out of the Red by Arell Rivers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Out of the Red is the first book in the Hunte Family series, and Arell Rivers kicks the series off in a wonderful way with Braxton Hunte. I was addicted to this one in the best way possible, and I cannot wait to get my hands on book two.

At first, I was a wee bit tentative about this one. I love a good rock star romance, it’s one of my favourite kinds of romance, and I was a wee bit worried this one would mirror those I have read before. Yes, it was different due to the time in which it is set, but I feared it would be another repeat of the trope I have read many times before. Add in the fact I wasn’t initially won over by the connection between the two characters, and I was a bit worried.

The more I read, however, the quicker the worry vanished. Once the story started to move, I found myself sucked into the events and the characters. There were some predictable elements to the story, but the amount of love I had for the story meant I did not mind. I was so addicted, so sucked in by the little things, that the things I found predictable did not annoy me but were moments to put a smile on my face because I was happy to see the way things played out.

Without a doubt, Out of the Red offers fans of rock star romance plenty of the good stuff. It offers the things that make these kinds of story so much fun, and I was hooked throughout. I was addicted, and now I’m eagerly awaiting book two.

I cannot wait for more of the Hunte family!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment