Tuesday 17 September 2019

Review: Collateral

Collateral Collateral by Natasha Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There seems to be this misconception at the moment that for a romance to be considered dark it needs to be filled with over the top moments and lots of drama. I’m not buying into this trend, and like the classic dark romances. It’s all about the characters and their actions, and those adding over the top aspects to make things more dramatic kill the twisted nature of the story. Hence my enjoyment of Natasha Knight. Natasha Knight does dark romance the way I like – the way I love – and Collateral is a wonderful example of the author’s work.

From the very first page, Collateral pulled me deep into the story. I was hooked and I could not put it down, completing the book in a single sitting. I fell instantly in love with the characters, the events had me intrigued, and I was creating so many theories throughout. There are so many questions I need answers to, so many things I am excited for in the second book.

In fact, this is one of those books where I was left with more theories than can be possible. It ends on a cliff-hanger, one that leaves you desperate for more, but this only makes up a small part of my theorising. I have theories about so many of the characters, and I’m both hoping I’m right and wrong. The book has me twisted in all the best ways, and I’m eager for more.

I cannot wait to get hold of Damage. The moment I do, I’ll be devouring it for my answers. I’m hooked, and I do not regret it in the slightest.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment