Friday 13 September 2019

Review: You Can Have Manhattan

You Can Have Manhattan You Can Have Manhattan by P. Dangelico
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since reading and adoring P. Dangelico’s Nothing But Trouble, I’ve been desperate for the second Malibu University book. When I saw we were getting a standalone instead, I was both disappointed and excited. Disappointed because I’m desperate for Nothing But Wild; excited because I was happy to dive into another P. Dangelico read.

The fact is, You Can Have Manhattan made me forget how I eager I am for Nothing But Wild. This one hooked me from the start, and I could not put it down. There was so much more to this story than I’d expected, and I was left with the hope we’ll be getting a lot of spin-off stories. Why? Because I’m not yet ready to say goodbye to the characters. I fell in love with our main characters, but there were plenty of side characters that stole my heart. It’s a standalone I can easily see resulting in a lot of spin-off standalones, and I’ll happily consume them all.

If such does not happen, I’ll be disappointed, but I’ll be fine. You Can Have Manhattan is a beautiful story by itself, one that ticks so many of my romance boxes. Slow burn? Check. Enemies-to-lovers? Check. Marriage of convenience? Check. Secrets? Check. Fabulous characters? Check. Wonderful chemistry? Check. Emotion? Check. Humour? Check. Once I started this one, I could not put it down. It was a story I had to consume in a single sitting, one that will stay with me long after I’ve finished reading it.

In fact, with how much I enjoyed this one I’m now determined to go and read more of the author’s work. I need to read all of P. Dangelico’s books, as I’m not sure I can hold out until the next release. This one is a serious book hangover read, and it’s pretty much ensured my next read is going to pale in comparison.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment