Monday 9 September 2019

Review: The Lost and the Scarred

The Lost and the Scarred The Lost and the Scarred by T. Marie Alexander
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Lost and the Scarred sucked me right into the story, and I was more than eager to devour this one. Although I had a lot of fun with it, it’s a difficult book to rate. At times, this one was a four-star rating. At other times, it dropped to a three-star rating. I’m of the belief this is because of some of the things contained within the book and the fact they’re not things I’m crazy about in my romance, making the rounded down three-point-five-star rating a result of personal preference.

As I said, The Lost and the Scarred sucked me into the story right away. it gripped me and I was hooked, desperate to see how everything came together. There were plenty of things that had me turning the pages throughout, plenty of elements I was desperate to find out more about, and I was happy to power through the story. Once I started, I could not put it down until I had all the answers.

Whilst the story had me hooked and I was desperate to see it come together, I wasn’t as crazy about the relationship between the main characters. There was a bit too much push-and-pull for my liking, more back-and-forth than I enjoy. It’s personal preference, however, and I’m sure many will be fine with this.

In addition to the story having me hooked, I’m in dire need of the future books in the Kingston City Limits series. I fell hard for some of the side characters, and I cannot wait to see how their stories play out. The ending of this one was left rather open, and I’m curious to get answers there as well.

Overall, The Lost and the Scarred was a great start to the Kingston City Limits series. I’m certainly curious for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment