Tuesday 10 September 2019

Review: The Ice Dragon

The Ice Dragon The Ice Dragon by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I’m always happy to dive into a George R. R. Martin story, and The Ice Dragon intrigued me from the moment I stumbled upon it. Not only do I enjoy George R. R. Martin’s work, dragons are my biggest weakness. Thus, I was happy to power through this one.

In truth, The Ice Dragon is one of those George R. R. Martin stories I did not enjoy. Although I have enjoyed most of his work, there are some that I wasn’t crazy about. This is one of those cases. I happily powered through the story, but it didn’t wow me in the way other work by the author has wowed me.

To me, it felt like a somewhat cliched story for children made bleaker. It had me curious to see how everything played out, but I was never invested in it as I had hoped to be. In other words, it passed the time but I wasn’t crazy about it.

Overall, The Ice Dragon didn’t do for me what other George R. R. Martin stories have done.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment