Wednesday 18 September 2019

Review: The Silent Surrogate

The Silent Surrogate The Silent Surrogate by N.L. Hinkens
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love a good psychological thriller and am always looking for another read that will blow my mind. I had high hopes that The Silent Surrogate would be such a read, but I found myself disappointed by this one.

I think this can be explained in two reasons. The first is due to the novella length of the story. I’m not the biggest lover of novellas, preferring tomes, and I was left wishing we’d went deeper into details with this one. The second is due to the nature of the story. I prefer thrillers following police than the domestic thrillers that are becoming more and more popular, meaning I wasn’t the intended target for this one.

Both these things show it was a case of me being the issue, not the book. It was a quick read, one I completed in no time at all, and I was curious to see how things came together. The end failed to shock me (although I’m sure there are some who will be surprised) but brings the story to an interesting conclusion.

Overall, this was one wasn’t for me, but I can see many enjoying it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment