Monday 30 September 2019

Review: Letters to the Lost

Letters to the Lost Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored Brigid Kemmerer’s A Curse So Dark and Lonely and am counting down until I get my hands on the next Cursebreakers book. In the meantime, I decided to dive into another Brigid Kemmerer read. I had a bit of a debate as to which I would start with, as there were many that interested me, but availability at the library made the choice for me in the end.

It seems, I have the library to thank. Letters to the Lost hooked me. It took a couple of chapters for me to overcome my fear of it being a cliché story, but, once it got going, I could not put it down. I loved the characters and the story and powered through it to see how everything came together.

There was so much emotion to be felt throughout, keeping me glued to the pages. I loved every moment of it, couldn’t stop thinking about it, and am now annoyed that I do not have More Than We Can Tell in my hands ready to read. As I need more of the world and the characters, I really need to find out more about a certain side character, and I cannot wait to be blown away again.

Without a doubt, this is a four-point-five-star rating. In fact, I considered giving it a five-star rating, but there were just little things I had wanted more of and that had me rounding down instead.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment