Sunday 15 September 2019

Review: Elevator Pitch

Elevator Pitch Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big fan of Linwood Barclay and am always happy to dive into the author’s next release. With Elevator Pitch, I was eager from the moment I heard about it. It sounded like another winner from Linwood Barclay, and I was ready to become terrified of elevators.

Although Elevator Pitch came together well, I found it rather slow. It certainly started well, with events happening from the beginning, but I was never sucked in as deeply as I would have liked. I wanted to see how everything came together, but I wasn’t invested in the characters and events in the way I could have been. I was curious, but not obsessed. It was a story I could put down.

I think, in part, this one was overhyped. I heard so many good things and I went in with the hopes of a new favourite Linwood Barclay read. When this had an interesting storyline, but not enough to leave me invested, I found myself disappointed.

It’s certainly a fun little read, but it’s far from the best example of what Linwood Barclay can do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment