Tuesday 10 September 2019

Review: The Strange Library

The Strange Library The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I never know what to expect with a Haruki Murakami story. Sometimes I will fall deeply in love and become obsessed, other times I will be indifferent and find myself questioning why I was reading it. With The Strange Library, I was somewhere in the middle.

I enjoyed The Strange Library, it was perfect for a quick read, but I had been hoping for more from it. Although I gave this a two-star rating, it did sit around the three-star point for most of the story. I was curious to see how everything came together, I happily powered through it, yet the ending left me feeling rather empty.

It was a story I enjoyed whilst reading it, but it’s not one that will stick with me for a long time. If you’re a fan of the author, it’s worth it to see what the short tale is about; if you’re new to this author, I would not recommend this as the place to start.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment