Thursday 12 September 2019

Review: Hate the Game

Hate the Game Hate the Game by Holly Hall
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hate the Game is another example of how I don’t seem to be the right audience for books labelled ‘rom-com’, as I did not let out a single giggle throughout the story. There were a couple of moments where I smiled, but that’s not enough for me to label a book a rom-com. I think, at this point, I need to accept my sense of humour is vastly different to what the genre aims for.

Although Hate the Game wasn’t the funny book I was expecting, it was an interesting read. I didn’t connect with the characters to the degree I had hoped for, but the story certainly had me turning the pages. It was light-hearted and easy to power through, one that kept me turning the pages. There were some elements I wasn’t overly crazy about, but it certainly had me curious to see how everything played out.

Overall, whilst this one wasn’t the laugh out loud book I’d hoped for, it was an easy quick read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment