Tuesday 24 September 2019

Review: The Dragon Medallion

The Dragon Medallion The Dragon Medallion by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big fan of Alexa Whitewolf and was doubly eager to dive into this one as dragons are my biggest weakness in fantasy. Although I devoured this one in no time at all, I’m going to be honest and say it isn’t my favourite Alexa Whitewolf read.

In truth, I think this comes down to one simple fact. This was a bit too young adult for me. Whilst I’m happy to read young adult, I favour the more mature young adult – the ones that are willing to step completely into the darkness, the ones that are a few steps before a person enters adult books. Due to this, my three-star rating reflects personal preference. Others, I’m sure, will really enjoy the book.

After all, there is plenty to enjoy through The Dragon Medallion. Alexa Whitewolf once again combines various mythologies and lore to create a story that hooks you on many fronts. Whether it is the questions about the ghosts or the questions about the deities, there is something that will ensure you power through the book in no time at all. Then, when finished, you’ll be left with questions of what comes next.

Although I did not enjoy The Dragon Medallion as much as I have enjoyed other Alexa Whitewolf books, it certain has me curious what the rest of the Sage’s Legacy series will bring.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment