Thursday 19 September 2019

Review: Snakehead

Snakehead Snakehead by Peter May
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Snakehead is the fourth book in Peter May’s China thrillers, and this one offers a scenery change. We’re no longer in China, but in America, where we experience another addictive story.

Although I enjoyed Snakehead, I’m going to be honest and say it’s my least favourite of the books so far. It’s a rounded up four-star rating rather than a solid four-star rating. It certainly had me gripped throughout, but it didn’t quite grab me in the same way the prior books did.

If asked why I wasn’t gripped in quite the same way, it would be difficult to say. I think, mostly, this one didn’t quite have the same level of intensity to it. There was the race to find out the details, but it never felt as close as it should have. It was certainly an interesting story, I enjoyed the way things developed for the characters, but it felt a bit slower than I would have liked.

Overall, a fun read. It certainly has you desperate for book five with the ending.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment