Tuesday 24 September 2019

Review: Pieces of Her

Pieces of Her Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Karin Slaughter fan, and am always willing – not to mention, eager – to dive into more of the author’s work. Karin Slaughter is one of those authors I will happily read no matter what, knowing I will have a story that hooks me.

Such was true with Pieces of Her. From the start, Pieces of Her pulled me deep into the story. I was sucked right in and was quickly creating all types of possibilities to explain how everything would come together. With multiple storylines playing out, I was desperate to see how they would come together in the end.

In truth, I was a wee bit disappointed by the ending with this one. You see, I worked it out in advance. Such is rarely the case with Karin Slaughter. Karin Slaughter usually leaves me guessing until quite late in the story, but I managed to put the pieces of this one together sooner than usual. It was not a bad ending, I simply expected things to be a bit more explosive.

Without a doubt, this is another great read from Karin Slaughter. It’s not my favourite of the author’s books, but it’s certainly worth a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment