Monday 16 September 2019

Review: Out of the Shadow

Out of the Shadow Out of the Shadow by Arell Rivers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Out of the Shadow is the second book in the Hunte Family series, and it’s a great addition to the series. Although it is the second book in the series, Out of the Shadow works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. At the same time, if you’ve read the first book, Out of the Red, you’ll have a better understanding of the family dynamic. It’s not a necessity, but it certainly adds a bit more to your understanding of one part of the storyline.

I’m going to be completely honest and say this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. I certainly enjoyed it, I could not put it down, but I wasn’t completely satisfied with the way things played out at the end. It was close enough to be rounded up to a four-star rating, but it wasn’t quite there.

The start of Out of the Shadow really hooked me, I was sucked right in and could not put it down. I adored the way the relationship developed between the main characters and had so much fun watching the way events played out. I also had a lot of fun with the reality television aspect of the story. I find the reality television storyline can be very hit or miss, so I was pleased when this one was done so well. All in all, things hooked me early and had me desperate for more.

The reason this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating was because of the way things played out at the end of the book. A lot happened, but it all seemed to happen too quickly and too easily. I wanted a bit more depth and emotion when it came to how things played out in the end, and things were wrapped up too easily for me to be perfectly content. I enjoyed it, but I wanted more.

Overall, Out of the Shadow was an enjoyable second book in the Hunte Family series. I’m now eager for book three.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment