Monday 9 September 2019

Review: A Predator and a Psychopath

A Predator and a Psychopath A Predator and a Psychopath by Jay Kerk
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love a good psychological thriller, and Jay Kerk’s A Predator and A Psychopath seemed like the perfect book for me. I was eager to dive in and was sucked in by the first chapter.

The first chapter had me hooked, it opened my mind to so many possibilities. There were countless ways in which the story could play out, and I was desperate to see how everything came together. Although it was interesting and had me guessing, I found it difficult to get into the story.

I’m going to be honest and say I think it was a case of the writing style. I’m very picky about writing styles and this one didn’t do it for me. I couldn’t connect with the characters and the story, I was simply reading to see how everything came together. I was interested but not invested, which meant I wasn’t loving the story in the way I had hoped.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s an interesting story. I’m sure it will appeal to many, but this one wasn’t quite for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment