Monday 30 September 2019

Review: Empire of Sand

Empire of Sand Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Tasha Suri’s Empire of Sand is one of those books I wanted to love, but I found myself disappointed instead. I had hoped to find a new series addiction, hoping I would find myself desperate to jump into the second The Books of Ambha series, but I fear such is not the case.

Empire of Sand did interest me at points, in fact it was a three-star rating for a while. I was happy to power through it and see what happened next, curious as to how everything came together. Although I was curious, I was never invested.

Then a migraine hit, and I had to put the book aside. Had I not put the book aside for a week, this would have probably been a three-star rating. Due to my time away, I found myself unable to get back into it. Thus, my rating dropped. It was more of a two-point-five-star rating, but I couldn’t bring myself to round up.

I think my issue is that I expected more. It would have maintained the three-star rating upon my return, except there was never the sense of danger and fear that I had hoped for. Everything felt too easy, and the tension I’d hoped for was lacking. I wanted something bigger, something shocked, and felt let-down by how easily things ended after so much build up.

I’m sure there will be any who enjoy this one, but for me it was a bit of a let-down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment