Monday 2 March 2020

Review: The Devil of Nanking

The Devil of Nanking The Devil of Nanking by Mo Hayder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read almost all of Mo Hayder’s work – the only book I still need to read is Pig Island – and always enjoy her work. Although I enjoyed The Devil of Nanking, I will be honest and say it’s not my favourite. It’s another four-star read, but it’s not the strong four-star of some of the author’s other work.

The Devil of Nanking was a bit slow at times, but things come together in a gripping away. Details are slowly exposed, leaving you curious as to how everything will come together. Although I enjoyed watching the way things came together in the end, I did expect things to be a bit more twisted – mostly because of how twisted other Mo Hayder books have been.

All in all, another addictive read from the author. It may not be my favourite, but it’s well worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment