Saturday 14 March 2020

Review: The Promise

The Promise The Promise by Teresa Driscoll
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good mystery or thriller and am always happy to dive into more. As much as I love such books, I find I love those that follow detectives – be it police officers or private investigators – a lot more than I enjoy domestic thrillers. There have been some domestic thrillers I have really enjoyed, and due to this I continue to read them.

At first, I thought The Promise was going to be one such book, a domestic thriller I would love. There was so much potential with this one, and I was eager to see how it played out. The book certainly had me gripped throughout, and I was constantly thinking up new ideas of how things would come together, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped.

In fact, the reason this is a rounded down three-point-five-star rating is because the ending felt rushed. There was so much introduced, and I fear many of the elements were not given the amount of attention I would have liked them to receive. I’m sure many will be okay with this, but with the topics involved in this book I needed more.

All in all, an addictive read despite the ending feeling a wee bit rushed for my liking.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment