Saturday 7 March 2020

Review: Wish

Wish Wish by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wish is one of those books where I had an extremely difficult time in deciding upon my rating. It was a solid three-point-five-star read, and I could not decide if I wanted to round up or down. In the end, I went with up because it was addictive enough to devour in a single sitting.

At first, I was a wee bit uncertain about Wish. I found it difficult to get into the writing style, and it took some time before I felt invested in the story. When things started to move, I was super curious. I had many ideas about how things would come together, and it had me turning the pages. There were a few things that were predictable, some details that were never explained as well as I would have liked them to be, and a few points when things were a bit too slow for my liking, but throughout I remained interested in seeing how things would come together.

As Wish is my second Mimi Jean Pamfiloff book and I enjoyed it a lot more than my first – a book that ended up being a one-star rating – I’m going to give another of the author’s books a try. I’m thinking the writing style simply isn’t for me, but I’m curious to see where I stand after a third book.

For fans of the author, however, this is sure to be an addictive read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment