Saturday 21 March 2020

Review: Hard to Love

Hard to Love Hard to Love by W. Winters
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Although I was not crazy about the prelude, Longing to Hold, I had high hopes for Hard to Love. I have previously really enjoyed books by W. Winters and was hoping such was to be the case here. Unfortunately, this ended up being a rounded-up rating.

I did not care for the characters, and I never came to feel the connection between the two of them. Moreover, I found myself questioning them so much. There was so much naivety and so many things that seemed to be ridiculous choices about what was obvious, things that seemed to exist simply to ensure the story went in a certain direction. Such made it extremely difficult to enjoy the story, as I was trying to understand why people were behaving the way they were instead of being curious about where things would go.

Another thing that made this one difficult to enjoy is the fact it is set in the world of other books by the author. Books I have not read, which made it seem like I was missing why certain things were important. It’s possible I would have enjoyed this one more if I’d read the other series, but I did not know it was a necessity for this one.

All in all, despite all the rave reviews, this one did not work for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment